Report by OrissaDiary.com correspondent; Bhubaneswar: One video conference was held on emergence, control and management of Dengue in the OCAC conference hall for the Collector’s and District Magistrate of 11 districts by Chief Secretary of Orissa Bijay kumar Pattanaik.
The Collector and District Magistrate, CDMO and DMOs and nodal officers of Dhenkanal, Jajpur, Kendrapada, Cuttack, Bhadrak, Iagatsinghpur, Sambalpur, Sundergarh, Jharsuguda were present in their respective Districts for interaction. ADM of Angul, state nodal officer, CDMO were on the other side.
Chief Secretary Sri Pattanaik addressed the District Collectors and suggested the following actions that needs to be taken by the districts
1. To involve the people at all levels and upscale the awareness among them for dengue to prevent panic.
2. Total Sanitation campaign to be undertaken at village level by GKS, SHG, Youth Clubs, School; Municipality at urban level and at school and industry level by industrial houses.
3. The cleaning drive at village, block and urban level to be observed by nodal officers selected from other line departments.
4. A micro plan for the sanitation campaign to be developed by the district Collector and followed day wise and monitored weekly for 2 months.
5. Municipality/ NAC Executive Officers to prepare a separate Urban plan involving the Counselors.
6. The breeding ources of the mosquitoes to be eliminated to break the cycle of transmission of diseases.
7. Appropriate arrangements may be made for road side Dhabas, Hawkers, Vendors and Tyre Retreading shops.
8. The cleanliness drive should start from the Schools and Govt. Buildings.
9. The sanitation in villages and wards to be conducted by squads from door to door according to a checklist and they will submit their report to the nodal officers
10. Check lists will be provided to the Squads teams conducting visits in the villages and wards.
11. They will be monitored and supervised by the nodal officers selected from other line deptt..
12. Funds required for cleaning drive may be arranged from the GKS fund and Municipality.
13. The roles and responsibilities of the nodal persons, reporting formats for the squads have been already E-Mailed to the 11 districts.
14. Similar activities to be undertaken by the Industrial Houses in their premises and in adjoining villages towards containment measures for dengue
Commissioner – cum – Secretary Health & FW Anu Garg briefed the Collectors of districts about the current scenario of Dengue in the State and the objective of this video conference. She advised that -
1. One control room to be opened at district Head Quarters hospital for monitoring dengue in the districts preventive and control measures in the district.
2. One rapid response team which is already there in each district be sensitized to investigate, monitor the preventive and control measures in the district
3. Fever surveillance to be continued at Village levels by ASHA/AWW/SHG/PRI members
4. All the Medical Officers to be sensitized about Dengue Case Management
5. Treatment Protocols, FAQs are uploaded in the Website for easy references
6. In the affected villages cleanliness drive to be undertaken to eliminate the breeding sources
7. Districts to intensify IEC/ BCC activities to raise the awareness among people.
The Collector and District Magistrate of Dhenkanal, Kendrapada, Cuttack,Deogarh, Sambalpur, Jharasuguda interacted with the Chief Secretary and deliberated the preventive and Containment measures undertaken in the district . All the districts agreed to take appropriate preventive measures for dengue in their district.
Principal Secretary Panchayatiraj Sri P.K.Jena , Commissioner-cum Secretary U&UD Sri Sourbh Garg , Commissioner-cum Secretary W&CD Smt Arati Ahuja and Commissioner-cum Secretary School & Mass Education Smt Aparajita Sadangi were present during the video conference and also suitably instructed for the actions to be taken by concerned departmental Officers & Staff in those districts.
The Mission Director, NRHM Dr Pramod Meherdha deliberated about the dynamics of transmission of Dengue.