Bhubaneswar: The Orissa Government on Saturday decided to spend Rs 1,208 crore within the next 45 days to undertake the post-flood reconstruction and rehabilitation measures.
This was decided at a high level meeting chaired by chief secretary B K Patnaik here. Though the Centre had released Rs 154 crore as first instalment from the CRF prior to floods, it would be requested to sanction the second instalment without delay, Patnaik said.
The Chief Secretary said it was decided to construct mounds in the 25 worst-hit blocks of 21 districts to help coordinate necessary relief and rescue operations at the time of distress.
He said the concerned district administrations had been asked to identify suitable high landmass for putting up the mounds, where one permanent helipad and one godown would be constructed. The proposed helipads would help ensure immediate rescue of the distressed people in food-affected areas and supply of food, shelter and medicines to the affected.
The Chief Seretary said it was decided to provide Rs 151 crore to the Panchayati Raj Department, followed by Rs 108 crore each to the Works and the Women and Child Development Departments. He said Rs 250 crore out of the earmarked Rs 1,208 crore would be provided to the affected farmers towards agricultural subsidy and inputs to take up alternative crops during the Rabi season. Similarly, the Health and Family Welfare Department, the Rural Development Department, the Energy, Fisheries and ARD Departments would be provided funds to take up infrastructural development and compensation.
The Chief Secretary said it was also decided to construct 2,000 anganwadi centres in the flood-affected districts by providing Rs 5 lakh for each centre.
Orissa's share in the CRF was Rs 411 crore for the year 2011-12 of which only Rs 154 crore had so far been released. Therefore, the Centre had be
It should be noted that eariler the state government on Friday set October 15 as the deadline for disbursement of house damage assistance to families hit by the second spell of floods as the toll reached 42 with recovery of two more bodies, official sources said.
Chief minister Naveen Patnaik gave this direction during a video conference with collectors of the flood-hit districts at the State Secretariat here.