Report by Amarnath Parida; Jagatsinghpur: Around forty houses were gutted at Ura village of Naugaon tahsil on Monday in which seventeen families rendered homeless and property worth lakhs gutted in said fire mishap.
Sources said that the fire first started from one Ashok Swain‘s house and immediately engulfed neighboring houses of this village .Villagers took steps to douse the fire but unable to control it due to scarcity of water. Fire brigades from district headquarter; Jagatsinghpur had to be rushed to quell the fire. Luckily there were no human injuries or casualty in this fire mishap. Nearly forty houses were reduced to ashes including property worth more than Rs 50 lakhs.
According to fire officials this accident was caused due to short circuit at around 2 p.m. The houses of Gaurang Swain, Narendra Swain, Sukant Swain, Basant Swain, Nimani Swain and others have been gutted due to fire mishap.
Revenue and block officials rushed to the spot and supplied gratuitous relief and free kitchen to fire victims for 15 days. Local MLA Bishnu Das accompanied by tahsildar Mr Bibudha Mohanty and other officials visited victims on today and assured reasonable financial assistance and compensation would be given them as per state relief code.