Report by OrissaDiary.com correspondent; Bhubaneswar: Commercial Tax Department, Government of Orissa was judged as the best project under government to-Business e-Services category by the Jury at e-World Forum 2011. The award was given by Shri Jyotiraditya Scindia, Hon¶ble Minister for State, Commerce and Industries, Government of India on 2nd of August 2011 in a function organized by the Forum at Hotel Ashoka, New Delhi. the award was received by Sri P.K.Patra, Additional Commissioner of commercial Taxes(VAT & IT) on behalf of the Commercial Tax Department, Orissa.
• The Commercial Tax Department has computerized a number of its services.
• The computerization of the Department provides efficient, fast, simple and cost effective services to the citizens and dealers in the State.
• The major facilities of e-Services are electronic payment of commercial taxes (e-Payment), online return filing(e-Filing),requisition and utilization of Waybill(e-Waybill), transit Pass(e-TP) and statutory CST(e-CST Forms) and online registration(e-registration), amendment and cancellation.
• A dealer does not need to come to the office and from his home he gets the waybills and other forms and files returns.
• Dealers¶ visit to local circle office ahs been reduced as the facilities can be availed 24 hours a day, with out fail.
• More than 2 lakh 80 thousand ³e-Waybill´ and about 20 thousand ³C-forms´ have been generated
electronically after launching of the facility.
• More than 1 lakh 12 thousand tax returns have been filed electronically.
• The department officers are now spending considerably less time on operational issues of these
services and spending more time of audits and on further process improvements.
• The BAR code integration in ³e-Waybill´ and e-Transit Pass´ reduces traffic at border state
entry/exit check gates.
• e-Services are getting popular and presently, about 70% of commercial taxes are collected
electronically every month. It is hoped, soon all the dealers will avail of the facility.
• The e services facility of the Department brings in transparency.
• The solution has been developed by M/s MASTEK Ltd., Mumbai, India.
• The e-Services project was initiated in March 2010. The major milestones are as follows:
e-Payment(through SBI portal)-4 th March 2010
e-Filling of tax returns-18 th November 2010
e-Waybill-10th February 2011
e-CST Form-14 th March 2011
e-Transit Pass-14th April 2011
e-Payment through 34 banks-7 th July 2011